Firstly, we want to say we sincerely hope you, your friends and family are healthy during these stressful times. Who thought we’d still be here over a year later. We feel privileged to be a part of your health care team and are taking steps to keep you as safe as possible for everyone who comes in.
We have established a verbal coronavirus screening and enhanced cleaning protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community. It includes the following:
- We are disinfecting high touch surfaces, such as counters, door handles and arm rests, frequently throughout the day. (Exam room equipment is disinfected after each use with medical grade cleaner, as always.)
- Doctors and staff are wearing face masks.
- Bathroom near lobby remains a hand washing station to allow each visitor to clean their hands upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout the office for your convenience. Bottles are on most counter tops and touchless dispensers are in each exam room.
- Trays for pens and frames are placed throughout the office so they can be disinfected with UV light after each use.
- We’ve removed children’s toys, books and magazines from the waiting room. (We can’t clean them easily.)
- Verbally screening all people entering the office for flu-like symptoms.
- Limiting the number of people in the office to reduce contact with others and we are observing social distancing whenever possible
- Per CDC recommendations, all patients with history of respiratory illness or immune compromise are being scheduled with caution.
We are here to help!
Keeping you and our staff safe is our top priority! If you or your child(ren) aren’t feeling well, please don’t come in. We are happy to help if you need a minor repair or medical advise over the phone, just call and we’ll figure out a solution.
- If you are medically fragile or immune compromised and have concerns about coming into the office, please let us know. We can see you in your car for adjustments, leave an item in our outdoor drop box for you, or skip the waiting room to lower your risk.
- If you need contact lenses, you may purchase them on our online store, You can also call or text our office during our business hours. Our suppliers can direct ship items to your home.
- We want to keep you safe and out of the ER during this unprecedented time. Our doctors are happy to see you for in-person urgent care.
- A doctor is on-call after office hours for urgent care. (Just like always) Call our normal office number 816-524-8900, leave a message and one of our doctors will call you back.
We hope these precautions can help us proactively protect our staff and our patients against COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
IMPORTANT: If you are infected with COVID-19 or think you may have been infected, please contact us in advance before coming in. This way we can instruct you on where to go and how to proceed for the safety of all.
Contact us with any questions. We are here for you. For more information on COVID-19, see our blog or click on the resources below.
LAST UPDATED: April 20, 2021
For the most up-to-date information on possible vaccines, treatments, FAQs, news and more, please visit the following official health organizations:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
Written by Dr. Laura Nennig, owner of Eyecare Associates of Lee’s Summit.